Thursday, May 20, 2010

No Increase In Stature this week from LSJL plus before pictures of Calcaneus

Here's last weeks photos:  Bone Length Increase | Two Months In.  I'm not sure which is a better measurement, measuring to the end of the tibial tuberosity or to medial condyle.  The tibial tuberosity is about where the fibula ends though.  Doing that way I get lateral ankle to tibial tuberosity about 16 inches whereas medial ankle to medial condyle is about 15 1/2 inches.  My height was 5'9 1/4" which I am extremely good at getting consistent measurements on that so I know I didn't have growth there.  I think the reason my rate of height growth is slowing down because it takes time for the trabecular bone to recover.  My epiphysis of my bones are extremely tender.  They need to repair so more microfractures can be caused releasing more MSCs which differentiate into chondrocytes.  I'm also taking a picture of my ankle(calcaneus) as a possible example of irregular bone growth.  I'm going to perform tapping on it and give future pictures if I have any growth there...

If I don't gain any height next week, I'll see about other possible ways to replenish the stem cells(like Lithium).  A lot of the methods that cause stem cell proliferation are already caused by LSJL(like Hypoxia which helps muscles grow too) so my theory about why height growth is slowing down is that the trabecular bone needs to recover.  Another possibility is that some of the MSCs are going to form new articular cartilage outside of the bone but in the knee microfracture surgery the hole in the bone allows the MSCs to get to the cartilage.  If the there is no hole in the bone, the MSCs have no where else to go but the hyaline cartilage growth plate line.

5 comments:

  1. how about one post for those whose plates are still open?

    ReplyDelete
  2. what would the effect of LSJL be on open growth plates?

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you recommend LSJL in the morning or before bed?

    ReplyDelete
  4. why not measure from the top of ur knee in a sitting position to the bottom of ur feet? i feel it wld be more accurate

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is possible that you need a recovery time? Or the LSJL have a limited amount of gain?

    Sorry my bad english but isn't my language!

    ReplyDelete